Sunday, April 23, 2006

Thru the Lens

The Washington Monument in all it's glory. Our host took this photo.


This gold star-filled wall (right) was incredible. The reflection and calmness was eerie considering hundreds of people were standing nearby checking out the World War II monument. Turning my camera away from the crowds I was able to capture the stillness of the moment.


I took a few shots of these flowers but this one came out the best. The sunlight hits them at the most perfect points.

There was something about this door that struck me. I can't put it into words. I was at a crowded market and came across this empty corner outside a historic building. I tried holding my breath in this tunnel but ended up laughing outloud. My passenger almost made it thru, but gave up before the sunlight at the end of the tunnel hit our faces. I had enough time to snap this photo since I was able to breath.



I love this photo of vegetables. The raw carrots laying before a bed of fresh green broccli. The stillness and colors drew me to take this photo.

I like the misconstrued view outside the the passenger window, yet looking into the side view mirror what we left behind was clear. We didn't know what laid ahead in our travels, but what we were leaving was a clear memory of time well spent together.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dig all of those pics, the door might be my favorite. Oh, and you spelled eerie wrong (eary) ... I have so been waiting to catch you with a misspelling ever since you corrected my "speach" (speech) forever ago. Finally!

10:03 AM  
Blogger minus five said...

eerie

One entry found for eerie.
Main Entry: ee·rie
Variant(s): also ee·ry /'ir-E, 'Er-/
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): ee·ri·er; -est
Etymology: Middle English (northern dialect) eri
1 chiefly Scottish : affected with fright : SCARED
2 : so mysterious, strange, or unexpected as to send a chill up the spine (a coyote's eerie howl) (the similarities were eerie); also : seemingly not of earthly origin (the flames cast an eerie glow)

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The carrots remind me of a very old person's fingers.....can you imagine biting your nails??

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home