Monday, March 20, 2006

Color Matters

Now that it’s Monday and I’m off to having a particularly successful work day I am realizing that I spent this weekend in a sea of grey. With the rain pounding my bedroom windows all weekend I mostly stayed in and tried to reevaluate my living conditions. I picked up two cans of paint on Saturday which will sit on my kitchen floor collecting a thin layer of dust before I ever open them. It’s the principle that I actually bought some paint that made me feel better, like I’m slowly moving in.

Secondly, I actually unpacked three boxes last night. I moved into this place last July but over the months I have let ten or so boxes just sit on my floor hiding the contents which lay in the dark taped up. I did think about throwing them out completely without opening them up, but that was me just flirting. My theory is that if I haven’t needed what’s in the boxes the last eight months then why would I need it now? If I would have fallen thru with my temptations I would have lost a ton of pictures and nothing else really. I couldn’t believe half the junk I had saved in those boxes.

But now it’s Monday and I’m back into the black and white. I’m back on my daily ‘to do’ lists as I watch the emails pile up in my inbox. My weekend of grey was covered in rain and meditation as I tried to make better the surroundings about me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan and Katie said...

Baby steps......

5:55 PM  
Blogger ethomas said...

It better have been Sherwin-Williams paint!

You know you get my discount

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home