Monday, March 06, 2006

Thank you, Thank you

I know I have an opinion. I know I share it often. I just didn't know anyone listened.

I enjoyed the emails and phone calls I received today asking for my take on the Oscars last night. I would like to take the opportunity and remind you all that the day the Oscar nominations came out I proclaimed that "Crash" would take home the top award. And I was right. So, with that said I would like to offer up my acceptance speech on winning my own personal Oscar ballot contest.

"I would like to thank the Academy for making good movies. But more importantly I would like to thank my job for paying me once a month. Without that handly little income I would not have been able to afford the $1 it cost me to see that movie this past year at the local cheap theatre. Also to my parents for taking me to see the Gremlins when I was little. And to the theatre arcade room for providing entertainment for me when the Gremlin scenes got too intense so my mom would take me out to play Pac Man. It was too tense for her to watch.....not me."

1 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

An arcade...that's a good idea! I know of a few movies we could have used an arcade during. Those tense parts seem to get to be a little too much. For you...not me. haha.

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home