Monday, February 06, 2006

The Doctor Is In




To make the several hours of sitting in my grandpa's hospital room go by I decided to be creative. It took me two days of begging the nurse to get me some doctors tools to play with, but she finally caved in. So for the seven hours I sat in his room yesterday I looked inside ears, and noses and got addicted to SUDUKO. I did six 'easy' level games and thought I could master the next level up, but I failed. So I went back to the easy level and did a few more. I never feel smart, but yesterday I was proud of myself for actually having the patience to figure out the strategy and win a few games. Anyone else have ideas to make the long days of sitting in a hospital room go by?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers! I'm glad you got to "play doctor"!! Ha ha! You could do some of my studying while you are at the hospital! ;) Just find you a GREAT book and relax...and take lots of naps!

8:53 PM  
Blogger minus five said...

when my grandpa was in the hospital, we sat in the hallway and played "name that year" with peoples' outfits and hair when they walked by. since it was in oklahoma, we easily got most of the 1970's and 80's in no time at all. that helped to pass time.

other things i have used: game shows. soap operas. word finds. crosswords. balloon animals from the latex gloves. practice your wheelchair maneuvering skills. listening in on other peoples' conversations in the waiting room.

i hope this has been a helpful list.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

I'm sure the nurses got a kick out of the two of you grownups playing doctor. Good thing that fun follows you around wherever you go. Otherwise it could have been a long day at the hospital.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home