Sunday, April 30, 2006

3am

My alarm will violently ring in two hours. It will be time to get up.

I am supposed to be downtown in three hours dressed and ready for the race. They say you're supposed to get a good nights rest before a big race. If I fall asleep right this minute this will give me two hours of a good night sleep.

I stepped in my front door 30-minutes ago. My roundtrip to DFW today was delayed coming back home. While the world lays silently this morning my back leans against the bed pillows as my mind wanders down my imaginary 'to do' list for in the morning.

Bagels. Check. Bandaids. Check. Sweatshirt. Check. iPod. Check.

The percentage of me having a great finishing race time tomorrow has now lowered. Check.

2 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

At least you have some Gu to give you an extra burst of energy for the race!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Tabs said...

I hope you did well Matt. I can't wait to hear the results and your thoughts. I didn't know you raced anymore so I'm so glad that you're getting back into it. And how was the Gu? I just bought some the other day to give it a try but I'm a bit leary. Lt me know what you think of it. Hope your not too sore today. :) If your not, don't worry, you will be tomorrow.

Tabitha (always an encourager...ha)

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home