Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Evolution

My life has evolved. I’ve learned from my mistakes, learned not to be in a relationship where you’re always the one trying to move it forward. I’ve learned not to push and to let it go.
I’ll keep learning that.

I was sitting there with my pizza slice in one hand and the magazine in the other. I came across an article about a writer that I’ve been following this past year who has a book coming out this summer. I’ve read so much about this person I feel as if I really know them, but in truth I don’t. In the interview the writer said the words above to the author of the article and it struck me.

This is what I’ve been working on lately. I’ve been sitting back and not taking the controls in every situation. I’m not a control freak, but I probably easily influence others decisions and plans that I’m around. My mind is spoken and my schedule is set and others will follow if they are interested. I don’t like to waste time if there is a plan set or a goal listed but with no definite steps laid out to be taken. I like to know what, when and where if at all possible.

In an email to a friend last night, I responded to her questions about what I’m working on in life lately. This was in continuation of a rather lengthy conversation we’ve been having about life and priorities. I started the email off by saying no one likes to admit their faults. Most people in life probably don’t even know their faults or quirks but we all have them. However, I personally like to know mine.

I want my life to constantly evolve. To grow like a tree with deep roots and many branches. I’m aiming to not hold back and to keep my eyes open for new opportunities. Maybe this is my summer anthem now that the annual hot weather is here.

Well…..it’s either that or to not get lazy and fat by sitting during my lunch hour and read while eating pizza. I think I have piece of crust hanging off my chin now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

I know what you mean. I just recently finished my degree even though I've had a full-time job/career for 3 years. All I keep asking myself & my husband lately is, "What now?" I need a new goal - a purpose!

It's tough facing your faults, but can be very eye-opening & helpful in understanding how to better yourself. Many days I long for change...a new job, a new house, traveling, having kids. It's weird almost being at that 10 yr. mark from graduating high school. The question is...am I the person I wanted to be when I thought about my future back then?

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering who the author is that you've been following, they seem like they have their head on straight. And this friend sounds like someone who genuinely wants to know you and wants you to know her. She's a keeper - you should definitely see more of her.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to know what others view as my faults also. Not always to motivate myself to self-evaluate and improve, but to give me the motivation I need to point out their glaring flaws. Isn't that what good friends are all about?

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" learned not to be in a relationship where you’re always the one trying to move it forward. I’ve learned not to push and to let it go."

That is exactly why I stopped trying to get to know you.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home