Monday, May 01, 2006

In Memory Of...

“On April 19, 1995, a great wrong was done in Oklahoma City, however, on this day in April the forces of fear and hate were beaten by love and compassion.”

Our team completed the marathon-relay yesterday. We finished 110 out of 427 teams.

We went out there for the challenege of working together in honor of the memory of those who lost their lives in the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. We strove to continue the unity that formed the morning of April 19th as a city and a nation came together in support of new chapter in our nations history.

In my following post I have attached a journalistic observation paper I wrote in the fall of 2000 for a college class. I won a small award for this paper as I sat at the OKC bombing memorial one afteroon trying to come up with the idea for my paper. I post this in memory of those that lost their lives that morning. I post this in memory of those we ran for yesterday in the OKC National Memorial Marathon.